Topic: Welcome!

Nothing will ever replace the Serif forums of yesteryear, but here’s hoping we can keep at least a little of its community spirit alive. If you have any suggestions for additional forum categories, please post them here.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Re: Welcome!

Thank you Alfred for setting this up.  Cheers Vicki

Always searching for the keys of knowledge

Hi, Vicki, and thanks for signing up. I’m glad to see that you’re able to post here without any obvious problems.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

I hope you don't mind me asking, Just as a thought my husband is currently working out replacing his laptop with an all dancing all singing desktop PC for intensive video editing.  Do you know any member in the Lounge Forum who is specification savy that could comment on the build he has been quoted on so far?  Cheers Vicki

Always searching for the keys of knowledge

Albert and Eric both do large amounts of video editing, so I imagine that either of them should be well placed to advise you. I don’t know whether they’re going to join us here, but you could post a new topic in case they or others with relevant knowledge turn up in the near future.

― Hermann Hesse

The invitation is a good way into a thread.

Perhaps a new thread in the Serif Lounge specifically about this forum would be a good idea.

William

I am ever hopeful that this grand opportunity to keep in touch with our well established friends will prosper, and suck-in a good  number of our golden oldies and fresh posters, too.

Thank you, Alfred, and may your endeavours flourish!

8 (edited by KarenPL 2022-01-21 16:25:17)

Thank you, Alfred. I tend to lurk a lot online nowadays, but will surface occasionally. I certainly like the opportunity to keep in touch. big_smile

Bugrit - just noticed I haven't capitalized my first name, which is going to drive me mad. tongue   Any way I can change it, or do I need to delete and re-register?

"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice."
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

jackneve wrote:

I am ever hopeful that this grand opportunity to keep in touch with our well established friends will prosper, and suck-in a good  number of our golden oldies and fresh posters, too.

Thank you, Alfred, and may your endeavours flourish!

Good to see you here, Jack! I expect we’ll mostly see ‘golden oldies’, but fresh posters will be most welcome.

― Hermann Hesse

KarenPL wrote:

Thank you, Alfred. I tend to lurk a lot online nowadays, but will surface occasionally. I certainly like the opportunity to keep in touch. big_smile

Bugrit - just noticed I haven't capitalized my first name, which is going to drive me mad. tongue   Any way I can change it, or do I need to delete and re-register?

Welcome, Karen! I haven’t really delved into the finer details of PunBB, but although it’s touted as a lightweight forum I’d be surprised if I can’t change members’ usernames. I’ll scurry off and investigate now, before I forget!!

Edit: All done. Every bit as easy as it should be.

― Hermann Hesse

Alfred wrote:
KarenPL wrote:

Welcome, Karen! I haven’t really delved into the finer details of PunBB, but although it’s touted as a lightweight forum I’d be surprised if I can’t change members’ usernames. I’ll scurry off and investigate now, before I forget!!

Edit: All done. Every bit as easy as it should be.

Yay! Thank you. big_smile

"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.

KarenPL wrote:

¡De nada! smile

― Hermann Hesse

Thanks for this site Alfred. I'm always amazed at the breadth of knowledge displayed on Community Plus and enjoy reading it daily; it will be missed now that we geezers have been kicked to the curb (kerb).

So I'm looking forward new discussions, debates and minor flame wars here. Damn the spammers though.

tom

Welcome, Tom! Thanks for joining us here.

― Hermann Hesse

15 (edited by KarenPL 2022-01-22 13:46:04)

Alfred wrote:
KarenPL wrote:

¡De nada! smile

smile  https://punster.me/images/thumbup1.gif

Death thought about it.

Vicki - Suggest John post on the Vegas forum and MovieStudioZen forum for advice on his editing pc. I note he's already posted on the latter and Dr Zen has responded.

ericlnz wrote:

Vicki - Suggest John post on the Vegas forum and MovieStudioZen forum for advice on his editing pc. I note he's already posted on the latter and Dr Zen has responded.

Welcome, Eric! Good to see you here. smile

― Hermann Hesse

I hope people will recognise me as jacksjacobs in a previous incarnation.
(Do I hear How can we not?!")

jackneve wrote:

(Do I hear How can we not?!")

Well, Jack, you said it! big_smile

― Hermann Hesse

Hi Jack

Actually for me "jacksjacobs" carries more mana than "jackneve".  Which reminds me you never answered a question I asked way back.  Did you have relatives that lived in London SE24?

Alfred - we need a name for this forum.  How about "The Serif users retirement home"?

Serif's decision is no surprise, but a little disappointing none the less. I wonder is Patrick (at least) will join us here.

GB wrote:

Serif's decision is no surprise, but a little disappointing none the less.

Agreed on both counts, Geoff! However, I’m pleased to see you here.

GB wrote:

I wonder is Patrick (at least) will join us here.

Time will tell.

― Hermann Hesse

ericlnz wrote:

Hi Jack

Actually for me "jacksjacobs" carries more mana than "jackneve".  Which reminds me you never answered a question I asked way back.  Did you have relatives that lived in London SE24?

(1) jackneve is like fishn'chips.  I really wanted to use jayesjay which preserves my name initials without ready identification of my full name.

(2) I don't think I have any relatives in the SE24 area.  One family near Orpington.

jackneve wrote:

I really wanted to use jayesjay which preserves my name initials without ready identification of my full name.

I can alter it for you if you like, but I seem to remember that you originally signed up to CommunityPlus as ‘jayesjay’ and then asked Patrick to change it! I don’t imagine that ‘her indoors’ will mind either way.

― Hermann Hesse