1 (edited by Chad 2022-12-30 23:49:34)

Topic: Anyone have the MoviePlus X5 they can send me? I have the license key

I can't remember if I downloaded the software or if Serif sent by mail, but I can't find the hard copy or digital version for some reason.  It's still installed/working on my old laptop, I was hoping to install it on my new PC for faster processing and using 4K.

I greatly appreciate anyone helping me with this.

Re: Anyone have the MoviePlus X5 they can send me? I have the license key

Where in the world are you?

Chad - I've just realised MVPX5 uses codec unlocking so urgently export your unlock codes from your old laptop while you can then store the small file somewhere safe.  You will need it to import the codes to a new installation.  Without the codes, which are linked to your license key, any new installation is useless.  Serif shut down the unlock codes server a while back.

Go to Tools/Options/Advanced and click on "Manage Unlock Codes".  There click on Export.  I'm looking at X6 but I'm pretty sure X5 was the same.

Eric, do you still have a copy of the MvPX5 installer and patch files? I seem to remember you were able to share them via Google Drive a few years ago.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

I can confirm that unlock codes are required for MvPX5 and that I don't have them, but do have the X5 program and patch files. Without the codes though, why bother?

TomH - Chad appears to currently have X5 working on his laptop so provided he exports the unlock codes he should be okay.  The only problem is that if later on he needs any that weren't unlocked he's out of luck.

Alfred - it was DP I shared?  Anyway I've found my MVPX5 disc and have uploaded the contents of it plus the last X5 patch as a zip file to Google Drive.  When Chad returns I'll PM him with the link.  Would you also like it?

ericlnz wrote:

Alfred - it was DP I shared?  Anyway I've found my MVPX5 disc and have uploaded the contents of it plus the last X5 patch as a zip file to Google Drive.  When Chad returns I'll PM him with the link.  Would you also like it?

Ah, my mistake!  I suppose it might be useful for me to have a copy of the link, although larger downloads from my hosting server seem to be a bit temperamental at the moment.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

ericlnz wrote:

Chad - I've just realised MVPX5 uses codec unlocking so urgently export your unlock codes from your old laptop while you can then store the small file somewhere safe.  You will need it to import the codes to a new installation.  Without the codes, which are linked to your license key, any new installation is useless.  Serif shut down the unlock codes server a while back.

Go to Tools/Options/Advanced and click on "Manage Unlock Codes".  There click on Export.  I'm looking at X6 but I'm pretty sure X5 was the same.

Sorry everyone, I have been traveling and I was not notified of all your comments to my post I must have missed selecting the subscribe button, so thank you for all your help.

Ericlnz, I followed your instructions to export.  Will I be able to continue using MP on my laptop and install on my new PC?  How do I install on the new PC?

9 (edited by ericlnz 2023-01-17 21:39:24)

Chad and Alfred - I'll PM you both with a link to Google Drive from where you can download "MVPX5.zip".  The file will be there for 10 days.  It's 1,458,633 KB.

Chad - download to your pc and unzip the file.  The resulting folder has two subfolders.  "Disc Contents" and "MVPX62018 Patch".  Ignore my folder typo as it actually contains the last MVPX5 (not X6) patch - MVPX51033_MoviePlusX5_7.0.2.018-Patch-Setup.exe. 

Open the Disc Contents folder and scroll down to "setup.exe".  Double clicking on that should result in MVPX6 being installed.  If not then hopefully Alfred can help out with advice on what you need to do.

After installing apply the patch and import your codec unlock codes by going in MVPX5 to where you exported them but this time click the Import button.

ericlnz wrote:

Chad and Alfred - I'll PM you both with a link to Google Drive from where you can download "MVPX5.zip".  The file will be there for 10 days.  It's 1,458,633 KB.

Chad - download to your pc and unzip the file.  The resulting folder has two subfolders.  "Disc Contents" and "MVPX62018 Patch".  Ignore my folder typo as it actually contains the last MVPX5 (not X6) patch - MVPX51033_MoviePlusX5_7.0.2.018-Patch-Setup.exe. 

Open the Disc Contents folder and scroll down to "setup.exe".  Double clicking on that should result in MVPX6 being installed.  If not then hopefully Alfred can help out with advice on what you need to do.

After installing apply the patch and import your codec unlock codes by going in MVPX6 to where you exported them but this time click the Import button.

Thank you!  Will you be sending the PM through this forum somehow or directly to my email?

The PM is on this forum.

To quote from the top of the forum page:

"Private messages: There is no pop-up alert for new PMs on these forums, so you need to look out for the PM link (near the top right-hand corner of the page) becoming bold."

Chad wrote:
ericlnz wrote:

After installing apply the patch and import your codec unlock codes by going in MVPX6 to where you exported them but this time click the Import button.

Thank you!  Will you be sending the PM through this forum somehow or directly to my email?

Thank you ericlnz!!!  This worked as you instructed and I'm very grateful to you for this.  I had CD's for Page/Web Plus and others from Serif, but I just can't figure out were my CD for MP is.