1 (edited by Alan Hodkinson 2023-02-14 22:03:24)

Topic: Project crashes when deleteing a title stored in Gallery Presets

I can park a new title in the preset gallery, but if I try to delete one the system crashes, when you recover the project the title is still in the gallery.

I've had this problem a long time, Serif didn't want to help me, they knew about it, a few months after that they dropped MoviePlus.

Does anyone on here have any workaround for it, or has no one come across it, I love MoviePlus and want to go on using it as long as I can.

I'd love to get this fixed, any ideas folks, Thanks.

Alan

Re: Project crashes when deleteing a title stored in Gallery Presets

As you say, Serif knew about this bug but didn’t fix it before they discontinued development of MoviePlus. I don’t think there’s anything that users can do about it.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Alfred wrote:

As you say, Serif knew about this bug but didn’t fix it before they discontinued development of MoviePlus. I don’t think there’s anything that users can do about it.

I did get "off my bike" a bit at Serif, as I said to them "you're still selling this Editor knowing that it has a fault", they didn't answer me after that, they just wouldn't help me at all

Such a shame because I love using this Editor, I've got others but prefer using this.

Alan

About a million years ago I bought a program for the Amiga called Amos. It was a BASIC program which was really very good. The only thing wrong with it was that it did not self boot when you put the floppy into the drive as advertised on the box. I wrote to the company concerned pointing this out, hoping that they could fix it. All I got back was a letter saying that they were aware of the fault and apologised for it, and that was that - most unsatisfactory.

5 (edited by Alan Hodkinson 2023-02-15 16:29:50)

It is nice to be able to talk again with fellow MoviePlus users, thank you so much for this forum, I don't know how long I have been with MoviePlus, I've still got X3 on the shelf, whether I started before that I don't know, It seems like forever, I was Adobe before

Alan

Alan Hodkinson wrote:

It is nice to be able to talk again with fellow MoviePlus users, thank you so much for this forum

You’re welcome, Alan. I’m glad you decided to join us here.

Alan Hodkinson wrote:

I don't know how long I have been with MoviePlus, I've still got X3 on the shelf, whether I started before that I don't know, It seems like forever, I was Adobe before

MvPX3 was followed by version X5 and preceded by version 5 (without the X). I think the predecessor of MvP5 was technically version 4 but simply released as ‘MoviePlus’; perhaps there was a real version 1 before that.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Alfred wrote:

MvPX3 was followed by version X5 and preceded by version 5 (without the X). I think the predecessor of MvP5 was technically version 4 but simply released as ‘MoviePlus’; perhaps there was a real version 1 before that.

I still have version X5 as well as X6 on my Computer.

What got me talking about old versions was that I clicked on X5 today just to look at it again, and it came up and loaded a project I'd been working on in X6, perfectly good for working on, all I could really find missing immediately is the ability to create and store titles, they put it in X6, but it never did work properly.

I have MVP1, 5, X3, X5 & X6.  I missed out on 4.  Only X6 is installed nowadays and only occasionally used as I use Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 for most projects.  But VMS is also now a discontinued product, and like MVP has a few unfixed bugs.  But I have workarounds.

MVP did several useful things I've not found in any other consumer editors.

Of interest MVPX3 does not require codec unlocking.