Topic: WebPlus X7 Installer

Me and a friend of mine are currently working on finishing a very old website. We now want to move to a new computer. This is where we encountered a problem, first we tried moving the program folder as a whole with the contents in AppData to keep any presets we made. As this didn’t work we wanted to reinstall the program on the new pc and move the presets afterwards. Sadly, after more than a day of searching it seems we may have lost our WebPlus X7 installer, we found all necessary codes, a WebPlus X4 and X8 Installer but not the X7 Installer we need. The web was also of little help as serif seems doesn’t offer any downloads and everything third party seems shady at best.
Does anyone still have the Installer for Webplus X7, we would be incredibly grateful if we could finish our project.
Kind regards
Andreas

Re: WebPlus X7 Installer

There is no separate installer, just load the cd and run

He has bought the program as download only so we dont have a cd. We only have a email from serif with all the codes for X7 and a download link that does not work anymore.

You might find a copy of X7 on Ebay, they do appear from time to time

It seems like they are very rare here in Europe for an acceptable price, especially as we dont need another license (we already have two we dont use) we only need the Installer that serif provided for free over at least 2 years on their Website.

Andreas wrote:

Me and a friend of mine are currently working on finishing a very old website. We now want to move to a new computer. This is where we encountered a problem, first we tried moving the program folder as a whole with the contents in AppData to keep any presets we made. As this didn’t work we wanted to reinstall the program on the new pc and move the presets afterwards. Sadly, after more than a day of searching it seems we may have lost our WebPlus X7 installer, we found all necessary codes, a WebPlus X4 and X8 Installer but not the X7 Installer we need. The web was also of little help as serif seems doesn’t offer any downloads and everything third party seems shady at best.
Does anyone still have the Installer for Webplus X7, we would be incredibly grateful if we could finish our project.
Kind regards
Andreas

Install X8.  Why not?

7 (edited by Andreas 2023-03-15 17:27:43)

We dont have a licence for X8. Only X4 and X7. The X8 installer makes me think that we made a backup of the wrong one before they where taken down.
Also the Website is partly X4 and mostly X7 as far as i remember.

Andreas wrote:

We dont have a licence for X8. Only X4 and X7. The X8 installer makes me think that we made a backup of the wrong one before they where taken down.
Also the Website is partly X4 and mostly X7 as far as i remember.

Try an internet search under "Webplus x7 installer".

Thanks for joining us here, Andreas! https://punster.me/images/smile.gif

I may still have a copy of the WPX7 installer somewhere. I’ll rummage around and see if I can find it before someone else finds theirs.

Is the language version important to you?

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

German would be a plus, but any version should work i think. Thank you for your help smile

Hello Alfred,
Were you able to find a copy of the webplus X7 installer please?
I have been searching everywhere for it with no luck.  I have found a couple on ebay but very expensive and I have already bought it and have the license.
Thank you very much.
Richard

Thanks for your email, Richard.  As I explained in my reply, I hope to be able to make the installer available soon: I’ll email you again once I’m able to give you a download link.

I’m a little surprised that Andreas didn’t email me or post here again after his request slipped off the radar early last year!

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse