Topic: Deleting/changing text in PPX9

I want to change the text in part of my page, but I cannot see how to do it. Presumably delete what was there and write some more, but how to?

Re: Deleting/changing text in PPX9

Select/Highlight the text you want to change and either delete it and start typing or put your cursor where edit starts and type in front of the old text, delete the old when finished editing.

Trouble is, nothing will select. The whole page moves as one object.
I seem to be having a real problem! I want to send you a pic but when I click 'Add image to text' it opens up but there is no sign of the file!!!

Is the layer locked? If yes, click the padlock to unlock it. Or, is the text you want to edit behind another layer and blocked? if so, bring it to the top using the Arrange tab.

https://i.postimg.cc/F16ZR5HT/PP-locked-layer.png

5 (edited by Cryptogram 2023-07-15 04:25:51)

Is it possible to upload an image in native ppp format? The system refuses to load them!

OK Here's an image.

6 (edited by GB 2023-07-14 05:43:56)

.PPP is not an image format, it is a PagePlus publication ( which may, or may not, contain images).

If you click on the Edit button below your message, you will see an option to attach a file. That can be a .ppp file.

The Layers tab will tell you what objects on the page are. And whether they are grouped.

Unless an object is shown as a Text Frame or as Artistic Text, it is not actual text so cannot be edited.

What does your Layers Tab show?

7 (edited by Cryptogram 2023-07-15 04:30:17)

Ok so I want to send an image. But the only option is to use  'attach image to post'. There's no 'edit' button.

8 (edited by Cryptogram 2023-07-18 11:14:33)

The edit button only appears after I've sent the reply!

So I've now added an image.

9 (edited by GB 2023-07-15 05:33:00)

The edit button only appears after I've sent the reply!

Yes. Click on it. Then you can attach a file to that reply.

I've still got problems!! Can you help?

Cryptogram wrote:

I've still got problems!! Can you help?

Are you looking for help with editing in PagePlus, or help with attaching images here, or both? https://punster.me/images/unsure.gif

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

I have text which in some cases will resize if I alert the box, in others it stays the same and may even be too big for the box if I shrink the latter. Have I made some setting that I haven't realised?

13 (edited by GB 2024-04-05 19:27:54)

There are two types of text in PagePlus. Artistic text, which you can add by clicking the Artistic text tool on the left toolbar, marked with an "A", or frame text.

Artistic  text will resize when you adjust the handles surrounding it. It will not wrap automatically.

Frame text, which you add using the Standard Text Frame tool on the left tool bar, does not behave like this. Changing the size of the frame will not affect the size of the text. There are tools on the context toolbar, at the top, to resize the text, or the Fit Text option there will adjust the size of the text to fit the frame. Text will automatically wrap to the next line.

Post's attachments

Publication1.ppp 27.92 kb, 5 downloads since 2024-04-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.