Topic: Website not publishing

Hi there

HELP!!!

I have been amending my website - via web plus 8 - and getting no where.

My website host is Freeola and they have been helpful but everything they tell me to do isn't working and i don't know why.

They are saying it's down to the 'Root' folder and my 'home' page isn't down as 'index' but it is.

Also when i did a full publish it comes up with an 'Apache' website as in this:

Testing 123..
This page is used to test the proper operation of the Apache HTTP server after it has been installed. If you can read this page it means that this site is working properly. This server is powered by CentOS.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Does this mean i have to scrap my website and start again?

Please can someone help me before i chuck my computer out of the window

Thank you

Christine

Re: Website not publishing

I suggest you call your host and ask them to specify the wording, including any symbols (example: / for root)  that you need to enter into the WePlus publishing dialog box. Go line-by-line with them and save whatever information they give you.

https://i.postimg.cc/NLrwDTp2/WPx8-Account-Details.png

Ah you think those are the details that are wrong?

I'm saying it best to confirm the details since you're having publishing problems. Get that part right and if you still have problems it will be time to look at your site structure, e.g. page names, etc.

5 (edited by Joe 2023-08-05 06:45:48)

They are saying it's down to the 'Root' folder and my 'home' page isn't down as 'index' but it is.

Just checking, but do your home page properties look like this with index.html as the file name?

https://i.postimg.cc/HVW9Njk2/X8.jpg

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.

Probably a bit late now but I have just had same frustrating problem, kept saying check FTP with host. I did that and the host were helpful and patient and after treble checking everything suggested contacting my Broadband supplier SKY. I did only to find that the Host FTP address had been blocked by them without telling me, said it was "not safe for children". Scream, scream, scream, I don't have any children at home and have never touched any settings. Now working perfectly.