Topic: DOWN-loading an existing site

Hi all,
I've been using Serif's apps for many years, including WebPlus X8 (and previous versions before that). However,  whilst I have used most of their other programs pretty frequently, I have not used WebPlus for a good long while.

I seem to remember that it is possible to fetch back down into WebPlus from the internet an existing, and live site, (originally created with WebPlus), in order to add and amend it. But after a fair bit of digging around in the various menus, etc. and also looking in the manual, I can't find how to do this.

Am I imagining this? If not, how is it done, please?

Re: DOWN-loading an existing site

Thanks for joining us here, Alex.

WPX8 doesn’t offer the ‘Import HTML’ feature that was available in earlier versions. It was removed because it never worked very well and users had unrealistic expectations about its capabilities.

If you don’t have a copy of the WebPlus project (*.wpp) file, your best bet is to use a utility such as HTTrack. Alternatively, display the pages in a browser, copy the text from there and download the images.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Re: DOWN-loading an existing site

Ah-ha, so I was right about being able to fetch a site back down then - it's not my almost, (next month), 79 year old memory letting me down for once smile smile
Thank you Alfred, and thank you for accepting me as well.

I'm fairly sure that I still have the WebPlusX7 CD somewhere. I might try that first, but otherwise thank you for the alternative suggestions, I've made a note of them.
Ta muchly !!