Topic: PagePlus X9 Margins

I have been using PagePlus X9 since it was released with no problems.  A few days ago the blue page margins disappeared.  I can't find any option to turn them on. I have tried re-installing but the problem remains.

Any suggestions?

Re: PagePlus X9 Margins

Have you tried tools/options/layout/display/guidelines? Hopefully this should fix it.
John

Johnk wrote:

Have you tried tools/options/layout/display/guidelines?

Also check that you don’t have ‘Clean Design’ and/or ‘Trimmed Mode’ toggled on.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

"Have you tried tools/options/layout/display/guidelines? Hopefully this should fix it."

John: that's what I was looking for.  Thank you. 

In playing around with it I also found that right clicking on the page and view/guidelines toggles the margins on and off.

Easy when you know how :-)

5 (edited by Mobiusman 2024-01-14 21:54:42)

I'm trying to place a picture inside a text frame but have difficulty following the built-in "Help" instructions. Does anyone know of a video I can view that explains anchoring and wrapping? I tried many settings but can't get the picture to appear on the left with the text wrapping around it. In this picture, the image is set as "floating," and I can't seem to stop the image from overlapping the text.

https://i.postimg.cc/Rh7qs4k0/Page-Plus … estion.png

If I understand correctly what you want, you need the text to wrap around the image.  Right click on the image and select "Wrap Settings".   From there take your pick.  Edge is probably what you want.  I'm PPX8 but PPX9 is probably the same.

melliff wrote:

I have been using PagePlus X9 since it was released with no problems.  A few days ago the blue page margins disappeared.  I can't find any option to turn them on. I have tried re-installing but the problem remains.

Any suggestions?

Have a look at the menu: Strg circumflex. it view the frame or eleminate.

HelmutPz wrote:

Have a look at the menu: Strg circumflex. it view the frame or eleminate.

Welcome, Helmut! Thanks for joining us here.

For those wondering, Strg („Steuerung“) is Ctrl (“Control”) on an English keyboard.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Did Mobiusman's query get sorted - where he asked questions about Text Wrapping and Anchors?
Is my input below useful?
https://i.postimg.cc/DJfSSmV4/Wrap-Settings-and-Anchor-Object.jpg