Topic: Mesh Warp Tool

Using the mesh warp effect on "text" in PagePlus X9.0, can anyone explain if there is an easy way to set the desired angle? My method of achieving the desired angle involves drawing a straight line, adjusting the angle of the line, and then dragging it to the text to ensure the angle is correct. Thanks in Advance.

Re: Mesh Warp Tool

Hello Robert, I have often played with the mesh warp tool, but was never really concerned about 'precise' angles. I just grabbed the text after using the warp tool and rotated to 'roughly' the angle I wanted. So, your method using a straight line and then lining-up might be the only way for precise angles? But, looking at all the warp shapes, there are not many that might fit your bill, save the top one I have highlighted and its neighbour to the right that might need precise angles - as most of the others are intricate shapes, as the example I highlighted below them. Although having said that, any of the shapes with a straight line component in its shape would be suitable for angle precision.

In any event I did have a play in X9 with the top highlighted warp shape and when you click the shape in rotates at pretty much 4.5 dgrees up to the right - I then produced the straight line (your method) rotated the line to 8 degrees (which is the angle I wanted) and then set the warped text to match at 8 degrees. I can't see any other way to get precise angles, other than your method.
https://i.postimg.cc/0MSdgV6Y/Mesh-Text.jpg

I seem to have missed this query from Robert. Maybe he doesn't come here any more since failing to get a reply.

I wonder if what he wants could be achieved by using the Slope setting in the Character tab, instead of using Warp?

GB wrote:

I seem to have missed this query from Robert. Maybe he doesn't come here any more since failing to get a reply.

I’ve just checked Robert’s profile. His last visit was more than a year ago now, a little over three weeks after he posted.

GB wrote:

I wonder if what he wants could be achieved by using the Slope setting in the Character tab, instead of using Warp?

That does sound as though it should achieve what he described.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

GB wrote:

Maybe he doesn't come here any more since failing to get a reply.

There are currently 130 unanswered topics in these forums. I wish people would ‘bump’ their threads if no one has replied within a week or two!

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

His last visit was more than a year ago now, a little over three weeks after he posted.

Alfred,

Are you able to contact him by email, and apologise for his being inadvertently ignored?

I just looked again - Robert's topic was started 29.1.2024 - three weeks ago - although registered 22.2.2022. Same here though, sad to see so many unanswered topics...

Sandy wrote:

I just looked again - Robert's topic was started 29.1.2024 - three weeks ago - although registered 22.2.2022. Same here though, sad to see so many unanswered topics...

Oops! Thanks for that, Sandy. I don’t know how I managed to convince myself that it was January of last year rather than this year.

I remember now that Robert emailed me quite recently to request access, at which point I discovered that I had already added him to the membership list in February 2022.

― Hermann Hesse

Hi Geoff, I can see what you mean about the Slope setting, but I'm not sure that's what Robert wanted? He really was talking about the Mesh Warp Tool. So, does my graphic here explain my thoughts, or did I miss something? Cheers, Sandy
https://i.postimg.cc/dhVHyrGw/Mesh-Text-2.jpg

Sandy wrote:

Hi Geoff, I can see what you mean about the Slope setting, but I'm not sure that's what Robert wanted? He really was talking about the Mesh Warp Tool. So, does my graphic here explain my thoughts, or did I miss something? Cheers, Sandy
https://i.postimg.cc/dhVHyrGw/Mesh-Text-2.jpg

Couldn’t you slope the text and rotate the object? Or did I miss something (as somebody famous once said)?

― Hermann Hesse

Ok Alfred, just seen your post. Don't know if you agree my comment about 'Slope' and 'Mesh Warp' - different functions to me..?

Rotating the Sloped text gives a completely different result to using the Mesh Warp Tool - text is'sloped' but not 'straight' as when using the Mesh Warp Tool.
https://i.postimg.cc/zHmDLqMY/Mesh-Text-3.jpg

Interesting! Thanks for the demo, Sandy.

― Hermann Hesse

I don't know if you remember Alfred, but in the "OLD" Serif Forum I always did graphics to explain my posts? Love your forum and slowly settling in...

I have to confess that I don’t think I would have remembered if you hadn’t reminded me!

― Hermann Hesse

Re the multitude of unanswered question, I find that the vast majority of these topics are 'statements of interest' and not 'questions' requiring an answer. Just the one or two are technical questions - one of which I have drawn your attention too in the General Discussions category: Frozen images in PPX9 **. Similarly, I have added a few jokes in the General Discussion category and once again no replies or answers are required. In any event I am sure an answer would be forthcoming if we could 'see' an example of the user's ** offending frozen images page?

Thanks, Sandy. I concur!

― Hermann Hesse

Please accept my sincere apologies. I would like to thank those of you who reviewed my query and offered answers. I am late responding due to an emergency abdominal surgery I had to undergo. My apologies, I will make sure it doesn't happen too often in the future. Robert

Robert N wrote:

Please accept my sincere apologies. I would like to thank those of you who reviewed my query and offered answers. I am late responding due to an emergency abdominal surgery I had to undergo.

You're welcome, Robert, but there's no need for apologies. It's not your fault that you had to undergo emergency surgery!

Robert N wrote:

My apologies, I will make sure it doesn't happen too often in the future. Robert

It's good to know that you intend to do your best to make sure you don't need emergency surgery too often in the future. I hope you're recovering well.

― Hermann Hesse

Thanks, Alfred, for your welcoming. Very much appreciated and yes, I am now on the mend. Age certainly doesn't come easy.

Robert N wrote:

yes, I am now on the mend

It's good to hear that.

Robert N wrote:

Age certainly doesn't come easy.

No, it certainly doesn't!

― Hermann Hesse