1 (edited by William 2024-02-26 23:27:12)

Topic: The Edge browser here has gone wrong in some way

The next effect seems to be the menu bar is vertical down the left side and that using Alt F puts a cascaded menu down the right side.

I have rebooted twice but it has not cleared it.

I went to the Edge settings and went to reset to default but it haas nnot fixed it. It just made me log in here again.

Can anyone tell me how to fix it please?

William

Re: The Edge browser here has gone wrong in some way

In your first post to this new thread, you wrote:

The next effect seems to be the menu bar is vertical down the left side and that using Alt F puts a cascaded menu down the right side.

1. What did you expect Alt+F to do instead?
2. What was the previous effect?

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Thank you for replying.

I expected Alt-F to produce the menu bar across the top of the screen.

I think that somehow I have goit the list of open websites in small squares down the left side of the screen instead as wide rectangles across the top of the screen.

William

I think you need the Proper Menubar add-on.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Thank you.

But I just want to get it back as to how it was a few days ago.

William

If you haven't updated MS Edge recently, are you sure you weren't previously using a different browser such as Internet Explorer?

― Hermann Hesse

Yes.

I used to use Internet Explorer some years ago.

This 10 inch screen Hewlett Packard computer came with Windows 10S, which I have not unlocked, and came with, only has, and only has ever had, the Edge browser.

William

There is an option to invoke Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge, but I’d be pleasantly surprised if that were to result in the UI changes that you’re looking for.

― Hermann Hesse

I think it is something to do with choosing where to locate the menu bar of Microsoft Edge.

William

William wrote:

I think it is something to do with choosing where to locate the menu bar of Microsoft Edge.

William

Perhaps your machine was set up with a menu bar before it was shipped to you. I don’t think MS Edge has a menu bar by default, which is where the ‘Proper Menubar’ add-on comes in.

― Hermann Hesse

I was using the computer this morning and it was still as in this problem.

Then later I suddenly realized that it has now corrected.

William

All very strange. Thanks for the update!

― Hermann Hesse

Thank you for posting in this thread to help me.

William

William wrote:

Thank you for posting in this thread to help me.

Well, to try to help you! I’m glad it’s back to the way it used to be; I don’t suppose we’re likely to find out what went wrong.

― Hermann Hesse