Topic: Corners of a zigzag

Hi, I am using PagePlusX9 to draw lines as I don't get on with DrawPlus. So imagine a line of straight segments that zigzag at different angles. At the corners I want them to curve, an arc of a perfect circle with a defined radius.
The node edit tools give me bezier curves into the straight segments too. I can add extra nodes each side of a corner and drag out the handles, but it's by eye and inaccurate.
The shape tool of a rectangle rounds off the corners perfectly, just what I want but the shape has only 90 degree corners.
How can I achieve what I want?
Is there a clever method of overlaying a circle on the corner and getting the line to follow it?
Thanks for any help and advice.
Kevin

Re: Corners of a zigzag

Welcome, Kevin! Thank you for joining my merry little band.

I can’t see how to do what you describe in either PagePlus or DrawPlus. It’s easy in Affinity Designer, thanks to its Corner Tool.

Post's attachments

trim.C5932729-15CA-4F69-A77B-FDB3AE563121.MOV 850.57 kb, 11 downloads since 2024-03-12 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

That is exactly the thing! Looks easy and applies to all corners on one line. Thank you!

You’re welcome, Kevin. Do you already have Affinity Designer in your vector drawing arsenal?

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Hi Alfred, I do not have any Affinity product. PagePlus, PhotoPlus and MoviePlus I use a fair bit. Drawplus a little, and Webplus not at all - I always seem to have trouble uploading. Wix is my go-to website editor.
I discovered Inkscape (freeware) has the function I need, and will output to svg. Svg to pdf online translation, and open pdf in PagePlus. Seems long winded but it does work well and it's only something I seldom need.

kevinbecken wrote:

I discovered Inkscape (freeware) has the function I need, and will output to svg. Svg to pdf online translation, and open pdf in PagePlus. Seems long winded but it does work well and it's only something I seldom need.

A good find, Kevin! Inkscape may not have the friendliest of user interfaces, but it is quite feature-rich (especially for a free product).

― Hermann Hesse