Topic: Using icc profile with PagePlus X9

Hello everyone I am new to this forum and am looking for some assistance please. I have just obtained a custom icm (icc) printer profile for my wife's new Epson printer (HD- 15000) and the card stock she uses for her fine art greetings cards. I get an excellent test print from this profile with Photoshop Elements, using the setting 'Let Photoshop Manage Color' in the print dialogue box.

What I can't figure out is how to use it when printing from PagePlus X9, the program she uses for creating and printing her cards. Are any of you using an icm/icc printer profile when printing out from PP X9 and if so what setting do you use to achieve this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Using icc profile with PagePlus X9

I'm not sure if this may help, but you could try checking for CMYK mode in PagePlus X9.
Got to Publication Setup/Intent/Primary Colour Mode CMYK

The dialogue suggests using RGB viewing on screen, or CMYK best for printing.

It's worth a try perhaps.
Welcome to the forum.

Hi
Once upon a time I spent a long time trying to learn how PagePlus handles ICC profiles, and ran quite a few tests. It was soul-destroying.
But feel free to test it yourself.
Under Colour Management you specify Primary colour mode, which is CMYK for printing.
Internal RGB profile, which is your PC default profile. My Dell is sRGB.
Internal CMYK profile - good luck if you can find out, but after testing I ended up with Agfa swop which gave the best match.
Current monitor profile... I chose Adobe RGB after umpteen tests.
Then there is a tick box for "Proof for target printer profile" where you'll enter your printer's ICC profile. In my case it was FOGRA39. Logic says to tick this box.
Now you think it all makes sense and you're ready to go. But, ticking this box does alter the colours significantly, and I found not ticking it gave better results!
Furthermore...
Printing to my domestic Canon printer, allowing PagePlus to perform the RGB to CMYK conversion, actually gave me the best results of all. Specifying to alter the colour model to CMYK seriously distorted the colours for the worse.
To confuse things further, I exported to PDF X1a, with ICC profile box ticked, and the colours were awful. A simple flat Acrobat 5 export with nothing clever done gave the best results.
So now I ignore ICC profiles. Straight default colour settings and let the printer do what it does and I get consistently good results.
To confuse things further still... viewing the exported pdf on Microsoft Edge gives different colours to those on Google Chrome. So all the effort I placed in designing the perfect colour in PagePlus, which remained so when viewing in Edge, was changed in Chrome.
I was designing a banner, chose the colour in PagePlus/Edge, but the colours on the printed banner, from a commercial printer, match the Chrome version. So disappointing.
Colour is a tricky tricky business!

Thanks for your time Guys
I had found the "Proof for target printer profile" ticked that and chosen the new custom printer profile (icm) from the list. This did give quite a good print from one of my wife's greetings card files but not good enough for her to sell on. She was getting excellent prints from her old Epson printer but that is now obsolete and the inks no longer available. She had never used a custom profile with that printer but had spent a lot of time tweaking the files to get the best result. Looks like she will need to do the same here.