Topic: Adding images to pages in PP4

I'm building an 80 page book of photographs. All works well until I get to around page 40 and I am unable to add any further images. Does PP4 set a memory/file size limit or am I not selecting something in setup which would allow me to continue to add all 80 images? I've tried regular saving but that doesn't make any difference. Thanks

Re: Adding images to pages in PP4

I produce a monthly magazine which is 48 pages containing pictures/text etc. with no problem. I produce it in a landscape format with two pages in effectively A3 in landscape containing two A4 portrait pages. these are sequentially numbered across the pages 1&2, 3&4 etc. This is then saved as a high quality PDF to be sent to the printers. - The clever thing about pageplus, if printed locally it assembles the pages correctly. i.e the pages on screen are shown sequentially but when printed they are in the correct order to interleave with one another e.g Sheet 1 has pages 1 plus 48 on one side and page 2 and 47 on the other etc.

I don't experience any problems with memory.

3 (edited by GB 2024-04-24 17:23:41)

Does PP4 set a memory/file size limit

I hope you are using PPX4. not PP4. Even X4 is a little out of date, but will probably cope.

Yes, I believe there is a limit to the size of a .ppp file.
Are you embedding these photos? Try linking them instead. If they are linked, they are not included in the .ppp file, but will need to remain on the computer. I would suggest you put them all in their own folder, so that they can easily be moved to another computer with the .ppp file if necessary. You can change them from embedded to linked using Resource Manager.

Thank you folks for your replies. The pgm is indeed PPX4 and not PP4. Sorry about that.

Yes, I prefer to embed the photos as it gives me a proper understanding of the composition of the pages but at about the page 40 mark, the pgm starts linking - which I would consider as odd.

As it appears there is no answer/alternative, I will construct the book with the photo's linked instead of embedded, and when I convert to a pdf all will/should be well.

I'm still confused as to why the pgm should do this which makes me think I have got something not set correctly.

There is another advantage to linking rather than embedding. The document will open a lot quicker.

It's a shame about linking as 'may be' the only way to go.
I did a 32-page A5 booklet once with all the images linked - the file with all the linked images got corrupted and I lost everything. I did my 32 page page publication again with all embedded, with a file size of around 100mb
ALNC - Question - what is the file size of your 40 pages?

Re. Sandy.

Thanks for your input. My PPX4 file size, with 47 pages is only 13MB. I've purposefully kept my jpeg's to 1MB or less. Looks like my jpeg size and overall file size is not the problem. I'm convinced (nearly) that I have selected/not selected in PPX4.

Hello All,

I've managed to "solve" my problem by downloading PPX9! Great pgm. Still don't know what the original problem. Thanks to all who responded with suggestions.