Topic: CraftArtist not opening

I noticed in the Flicker CA group that people were posting that CA wouldn't open when connected to the internet, with some people who can with the internet off.

I've just tried to open CA and it's not working for me either. I have internet connected. I've not tried without.

Sometimes upon opening we get the join DT message come up. I assume the issue isn't linked to that?

Or is it something else it is looking for on the internet before it will run.

It seems odd that it would need to anything...

I've used CA since the last windows update, so that can't be the issue.

Anyone any thoughts?

Thanks.

Re: CraftArtist not opening

I’ve just seen a post on the Serif Affinity Forums from someone who mentioned discussion of this problem on an Affinity Designer group on Facebook. It seems to be a widespread problem, but I’m afraid I don’t have any helpful suggestions about how to tackle it.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Re: CraftArtist not opening

Thank you Alfred for the info. I had assumed that all Serif products were stand alone. I don't understand why they need to connect to anything.

It was suggested in the group that it might be to do with auto update, but that is switched off on my version. So it can't be that.