Topic: DrawPlusX6 locks up in Windows 10

Within the past couple of days, DrawPlus X6 started opening a non-full-size window in Windows 10 (Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1826) followed by crashing following any subsequent click.

DrawPlus X6 was purchased May 26,2016 and I have the original registration key and
Product Installation Number.

Any tips on getting DrawPlus X6 working again?

Thanks.

Post's attachments

SerifDrawPlusX6Screenshot.jpg 523.87 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: DrawPlusX6 locks up in Windows 10

Welcome, Eduardo! https://punster.me/images/smile.gif

You shouldn’t need to reinstall the software, but your original registration key will no longer work if you ever do decide to reinstall it. Use the universal registration key 881887 instead.

To solve the problem of crashing on (or shortly after) startup, try holding down the Ctrl key while you launch the program. Keep that key held down until a confirmation dialog pops up, and then put a tick in the ‘Also delete local settings files’ checkbox before confirming that you want to reset your user settings.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Thanks so much. That worked. I figured there was some intro file that needed to be cleared. 

Did I misclick to create this issue? or was it a shutdown error with files open? Thanks again!

Eduardo wrote:

Did I misclick to create this issue? or was it a shutdown error with files open?

I’m really not sure! These old applications just seem to get bogged down over time, and clearing out the %AppData% and associated registry entries gives you a fresh start.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse