1 (edited by crazyredj 2022-10-30 22:06:04)

Topic: PhotoPlus X8 Layer Mask visible on screen but not exporting

I'm new to adjustment layers and masks, and am not even 100% sure that's what I'm dealing with. It's a layer that adds a green tint to my entire project. It looks fine on the screen, and even publishes fine to PDF.  But when I export to JPG, only half my image is "masked" to the green tint. What tha...?  Just before posting, I found "a" fix, though probably not THE fix. I shift-clicked to disable...something. In the layer "control," there are three icons: A white box with overlapping circle and square, a chain link, and a plain white box. "disabling" drew a big X on the right-most white box and VOILA! Everything's working properly.  I know the red X didn't disable the whole thing, because hiding the layer removes the green tint and showing it adds it back. So what the heck did I "disable?" And what the heck are those three icons? Most importantly, how can I become proficient in masks and adjustment layers?  Thanks in advance!

Re: PhotoPlus X8 Layer Mask visible on screen but not exporting

Welcome to my merry little band, Jeff!

I don’t have PhotoPlus in front of me right now, but if you hover over any of the buttons on the Layers tab you should get a tooltip popping up with a brief description of its function.

Take a look at Ken Cope’s PhotoPlus Tutorials for an introductory guide to layers and layer masking.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse