1 (edited by William 2022-11-26 22:49:20)

Topic: Growing roses from a cutting

She sticks a rose stalk into a potato and look what happens a week later! Amazing!

https://www.tips-and-tricks.co/home-and … er-amazing

William

Re: Growing roses from a cutting

Not only are the roses flowering but the potatoes have got out of the plantpot and morphed into different varieties!

Even after pruning, one of our roses now has a flower. Campanula and other bulbs are growing like wildfire, two months earlier that normal. One white camelia is producing flowers again, two months earlier than normal, and elephant ears are in their third bloom this year. The garden this year has gone bonkers.

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.

Re: Growing roses from a cutting

I saw this article about the unseasonal flowering on the BBC site yesterday. Not necessarily good news for the insect and wildlife species next spring.

UK weather prompts 'second spring' due to mild November weather

Joe wrote:

Not only are the roses flowering but the potatoes have got out of the plantpot and morphed into different varieties!

Even after pruning, one of our roses now has a flower. Campanula and other bulbs are growing like wildfire, two months earlier that normal. One white camelia is producing flowers again, two months earlier than normal, and elephant ears are in their third bloom this year. The garden this year has gone bonkers.

"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
"Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice."
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery