Topic: Can I adjust settings, font & colour at the beginning

I created a Title Template in Photo Plus X5 for a Movie I was editing in another Program. The idea being was that then all I had to do was create a new one line title for each scene. (In case I needed to go back, each title was on a different layer.)

However for each scene title, Photo Plus created it in black, Times New Roman and 12pt, so each time I had to change everything to white and different font (Amhurst SF) and size, 72pt and Bold.

Was there a way that I could have set this up from the start of this exercise and so avoiding the changing of four areas for over twenty titles?

2 (edited by GB 2023-03-28 05:45:05)

Re: Can I adjust settings, font & colour at the beginning

Was there a way that I could have set this up from the start of this exercise

I do not believe so.

What you can do, perhaps, is to create the text in another program, such as PagePlus, and copy/paste-as-new-layer that text object into the photo. By "that object" I mean the text frame, or the Artistic text object, not the actual text. You may have to delete the white background on the new layer.

In PagePlus, or whatever you use, it will be possible to configure the text however you want prior to copying it.

It is easy to resize it in PhotoPlus using the Deform tool, but it will not be editable as text from within PhotoPlus.

Geoff

Re: Can I adjust settings, font & colour at the beginning

Geoff

Thanks for that reassurance. I had looked at ‘Preferences’ and in the Manual but could not see anything. It was just that if there are two ways to do anything, I will normally find the longest or hardest.

Probably what was the most annoying was that I seemingly could not change the font colour. The background was dark and the font was black so sometimes when you try to place the cursor over the phrase just typed to change the colour, quite often I sometimes only managed to select a part of the phrase. Never mind!

George