Topic: Serif Pages Corrupted?

I recently went into Serif to make some changes to my site (thecanadianschooloffrenchmarquetry.com) and found all the pages in the work area to have big X's marked across them and some random superimposed lettering as well. I'm afraid to try to make changes, haven't even tried yet, because the site as viewed online doesn't seem to be failing except for a couple of little glitches that I was going in to fix and I don't want to upload problems.

I'm using WebPlus X8. I designed the site several years ago and although I'm no techie it has served me well enough.

I'm attaching a screenshot of what my workspace looks like. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Paul

Post's attachments

Serif SC.JPG 207.86 kb, 1 downloads since 2023-04-19 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Serif Pages Corrupted?

chevyman wrote:

I recently went into Serif to make some changes to my site (thecanadianschooloffrenchmarquetry.com) and found all the pages in the work area to have big X's marked across them and some random superimposed lettering as well. I'm afraid to try to make changes, haven't even tried yet, because the site as viewed online doesn't seem to be failing except for a couple of little glitches that I was going in to fix and I don't want to upload problems.

I'm using WebPlus X8. I designed the site several years ago and although I'm no techie it has served me well enough.

I'm attaching a screenshot of what my workspace looks like. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Paul

Looks to me like a template.  The random lettering comes from a template.  Did you use a template to build the site?

It looks to me like you have a missing PNG image (perhaps a clear overlay) and the program is alerting you that it can't find it. Click in the X box and it should show you the file path where the image was last used.

https://i.postimg.cc/MMdSrsH8/WP-missingimage.png

Its been an awfully long time since I used Webplus, but at the back of my mind I seen to remember you can download the site and then examine it.  Sorry not to have been much more help Vicki.  By the by I am considering reinstalling WebPlus to make a new site for my Art and Craft business.  I still have my domain name.  Wish me luck.

Always searching for the keys of knowledge

tomh is correct. There is a transparent image 960 x 1110px positioned 227px from the top.

See the highlighted line in the image below.

https://i.postimg.cc/YLcSQyJp/Webp.jpg

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.