Topic: DrawPlus X6 on Windows 11

I have just purchased a Windows 11 laptop. I find that Windows 11 is not that easy to find my way around, as it works a bit like an ipad, which I do not like.
I decided to migrate my old DrawPlus X6. It loaded okay and the drawing page is okay. Unfortunately the top and side toolbars are so small, they are almost impossible to read. I have searched all ways to increase the sizes of them, but have  failed. I have tried running the program in 'compatibility mode, but no luck. I wonder, have other people had the same problem and have they sorted it.

Re: DrawPlus X6 on Windows 11

That sounds a like a quirk with Win 11. I do not know of any way to change the size if the buttons on toolbars in DrawPlus. I do not have Win 11 - there is not a problem in Win 10 or earlier. Is there a Win 11 forum?

Maybe, I will check.

ronecc wrote:

I decided to migrate my old DrawPlus X6. It loaded okay and the drawing page is okay. Unfortunately the top and side toolbars are so small, they are almost impossible to read. I have searched all ways to increase the sizes of them, but have  failed. I have tried running the program in 'compatibility mode, but no luck. I wonder, have other people had the same problem and have they sorted it.

I suspect that this is something to do with your display settings, rather than a problem with Windows 11 per se. Your shiny new machine probably has a higher resolution screen, and DPX6 isn’t ‘High DPI Aware’.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

It may be irrelevant, but for what it's worth, DPX8 opens in my W10 installation with no problem regarding toolbar size. The icons look to be the same legacy size on my  5x4 19inch diagonal screen.

jackneve wrote:

It may be irrelevant, but for what it's worth, DPX8 opens in my W10 installation with no problem regarding toolbar size. The icons look to be the same legacy size on my  5x4 19inch diagonal screen.

DPX8 addressed the ‘HiDPI’ problem, but DPX6 did not. I believe there’s a registry entry whose value can be changed to help with this, but I’m afraid I don’t know the details.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

ronecc wrote:

I have just purchased a Windows 11 laptop. I find that Windows 11 is not that easy to find my way around, as it works a bit like an ipad, which I do not like.

I don't know if this will help as I will not use Win 11 but it certainly does in Win 10.

The first link is to a FAQ regarding ClassicShell and the second is to the program itself.

http://www.classicshell.net/forum/viewt … amp;t=8580

http://www.classicshell.net/

I have been using it to run Win 10 in Win 7 mode for a number of years without any problems.
I imagine if it does not alter the way Win 11 runs to your liking you can just uninstall it like any other program.

8 (edited by ronecc 2023-05-16 15:05:59)

Sorry for the late reply, my new laptop was having problems and when fixed I forgot I had asked the question. Thanks for all your help. Unfortunately I cannot get the toolbars to increase in size. It will work on my W10 laptop, but not my W11. Must remember not to update my W10 laptop. Just means I have to keep changing laptops.