1 (edited by Alfred 2023-06-17 08:06:18)

Topic: My memory is letting me down

Hi all, newby here

I have been an occasional user of Serif WebPlus 8 for many years, not been near it for about a year

I need to update the family tree www.marks-family.co.uk with the latest Reunion page

A cousin does the writing now[he writes the .wpp file and send it to me] I just do the final edits and posting to the host, BUT I have completely forgotten how to prepare the file for the www

The 2023 version runs on my W10 PC but I have forgotten how to export it to a web ready format.

AIR I used to publish to disk folder,  then from the FTP site, currently FileZilla I drag the file to the correct folder from the local site [my PC] to the Remote site

But this folder is a load of folders, the folder on the remote site is HTML code, I downloaded an old one to check the format

Somewhere I have lost track, at 84 a simple task

I hope I have not bored you all with this ramble

Hopefully someone can put me out of my misery, please bear with me if this all goes pear shaped on it way to you

Final question are the files that show on the local FTP site web ready, on my PC they look much different

Best Regards dave
Dave Batter AKA Kitchenman

[Personal information removed by moderator]

Re: My memory is letting me down

After posting the above I went into my files again and think I have found the answer, I have to alter the whole site locally not just a page, I think
I looked at the local folder I uploaded last time, that was the light bulb moment.

I think new page into assets, drag into new page rename old and name this one with the old ones name

The more I write this the more comes back, whew

If this group was not here I think I would still be struggling

Thanks for just being here

I will update this post either way

dave

hi all eventually the memory banks came back on line
nice to know this site is here to help wrinkly geezers like me

Welcome, Dave, and thanks for the update! It’s good to hear that you managed to solve the problem.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse