1 (edited by ChrisIsaac 2023-08-17 07:47:36)

Topic: Search Box - X7

Can anyone tell me how to make the search box a bit bigger, I can expand it horizontally but not vertically.  Can I change the font size in the search box to achieve this.

Thanks for any help !

Re: Search Box - X7

I don't have x7 installed but hopefully this method from x8 may do.

On your page right click the search box > HTML Source

On the page that opens, amongst all the code you may see something like this

$('#site_search_1_input').keypress(function(event) { if ( event.keyCode == 13 ) window.location.href = 'index.html?site_search_results_1='+document.getElementById('site_search_1_input').value+'&depth=0&swr=false'; });

$('#site_search_1_button').click(function(event) { window.location.href = 'index.html?site_search_results_1='+document.getElementById('site_search_1_input').value+'&depth=0&swr=false'; });

You need to find the search box and button ID's, in this instance they are #site_search_1_input and #site_search_1_button

Copy the following and on your page do Insert > HTML Fragment, click on the page and click "Paste to Head"

<style>
#site_search_1_input, #site_search_1_button{
height: 40px !important;
font-size:24px;
}
</style>

This will make the search bar and button the same height.
Change the ID's to your ID's - DO NOT remove the comma or space after it.
Change the height to what you need
Change the font size to what you need
Reduce the size of the HTML Fragment and park it somewhere on the page.

Joe

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.

Thanks Joe
It works very well in X7
I see you too are in Cornwall and that you also use WYSIWYG builder, how do you find it, was it easy to learn?
I have been considering making the switch but as my site has well over 5000 pages I am wary to take the plunge.

Regards
chris

ChrisIsaac wrote:

Thanks Joe
It works very well in X7
I see you too are in Cornwall and that you also use WYSIWYG builder, how do you find it, was it easy to learn?
I have been considering making the switch but as my site has well over 5000 pages I am wary to take the plunge.

Regards
chris

Hi Chris,

Glad the search bar is Ok.

As for WYSIWYG web builder, it's reasonably quick to pick up the basics and there are hundreds of tuition type videos to show you what to do, and it will do a hell of a lot more than Webplus especially using the responsive elements. You only need to do one website and then minor tweeks as you view it in tablet, mobile and other views. With 5000 pages it would be a hell of a job depending on how complex they are. You can setup master pages as in Webplus. I'm on version 16 and they are now on version 18 so I presume there are even more bells and whistles added. Their forum is very active with quick accurate answers.
You can download a trial version and give it a run.

Joe

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.