Topic: Trying to recover DrawPlus X6

When my PC crashed last year I couldn't re-install my DrawPlus X6. I transferred what seems to be all the program files to another drive, but I am now trying to recover the program. When I click on the DrawPlus exe file it doesn't load, but a box shows something like "the default skin file cannot be found". I found the default.skin file in a sub-folder and copied it to the folder where the exe file is, but it still won't run the program. I am well out of my depth now, is there any chance of recovering it now?

2 (edited by GB 2023-09-06 02:31:00)

Re: Trying to recover DrawPlus X6

I think you will need the original CD (or original download if that is what you bought) and install from that using the product Key supplied..

When I bought it some years ago, I copied to a CD which is gone or lost unfortunately, though there is still a product key in the PC somewhere. It's disappointing, I should have taken more care to backup.

Jandanz wrote:

there is still a product key in the PC somewhere

Are you sure about that? It depends on the severity of the the crash, of course, but if you can retrieve the product key you should be good to go once you have a copy of the installer.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index. … ent-935734

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

5 (edited by Jandanz 2023-09-10 06:50:39)

Thanks will take a look at that info, but, as you say, I think all is lost there.