Topic: How do I unanchor frames as default

Each time I load in a saved coloured text frame, that I keep in assets, my design, it is automatically anchored and I have to unanchor it to move it . How do I stop this happening . Thanks in advance

Re: How do I unanchor frames as default

It is also happening with pictures when brought into a text frame  The images come in anchored and  cant be moved out of the frame without selecting " detach from text " even though there is no text in the frame. playing around with the snapping and sticky guide makes no difference. I`m just wondering if this is normal behaviour for the program ?

Each time I load in a saved coloured text frame, that I keep in assets, my design, it is automatically anchored

This is probably because you are dragging it into a text frame, and that is normal behaviour. Drag it to a blank area of the page, or onto the pasteboard, instead, then reposition it as required. Same for a picture.

Geoff

Was that the answer?

Thanks GB. yes I think that's it. I have been dragging it straight into the frame. I can drag it onto the page and then  into the text frame and its OK.