Topic: Drawplus clipart

A few months ago I copied all the DrawPlus goodies on to my current (Windows 10) laptop, and of course I found I couldn't open them in Affinity - or anything else. My original 32-bit laptop died a slow and painful death a few years ago, by which time I'd transferred everything useful to new Windows 7 laptop. When I moved up to the W10 laptop of course I took what i thought would be still useful, but not the old Serif *Plus software. Looking over the W7 laptop again (which I still have) I see I have the exe files but not the installation files.
OK, here's the question . . .
Is it possible to open the old clipart and other stuff -- of which there's a lot, and it could all come in handy -- without DrawPlus, or can I copy the exe files and expect them to work?

2 (edited by Alfred 2023-11-06 11:24:22)

Re: Drawplus clipart

It isn’t possible to open native DrawPlus files without DrawPlus or PagePlus. Copying the installed *.exe files won’t work because you also need to have the correct entries in the Windows registry, which the installer writes for you.

Which version of DrawPlus do you have?

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

It isn’t possible to open native DrawPlus files without DrawPlus

They can also be opened in PagePlus, and could be exported from there in a different format.

GB wrote:

It isn’t possible to open native DrawPlus files without DrawPlus

They can also be opened in PagePlus, and could be exported from there in a different format.

Thanks for the reminder, Geoff!

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

It is also possible to rename the .dpp file (or, better, a copy of the .dpp file) as .zip, and then unzip it. various elements can then be isolated and presumably copied. I have not investigated this in any depth. It is no doubt labour intensive.

GB wrote:

It is also possible to rename the .dpp file (or, better, a copy of the .dpp file) as .zip, and then unzip it. various elements can then be isolated and presumably copied. I have not investigated this in any depth. It is no doubt labour intensive.

This is true, and I have rescued files in this way when the DPP or whatever file became unopenable.