1 (edited by Pilotlon 2024-02-03 23:18:50)

Topic: Anyone Bullet Journaling?

I retired just about the time that Bullet Journaling got started. A fellow by the name of Ryder Carroll played a big part in developing it and making it well known. Today, it's all over YouTube, running from the simplest to the most decorated and artsy projects. I needed something to track the progress of the rebuild of my house, after a fire last year. I wasn't looking for Bullet Journaling, as much as I was some kind of contact manager, or project manager.  InfoRecall is a very good one, very free-form.  But, in my search, I ran across Bullet Journaling, and instantly recognized how it could help with all of the things that I do find myself involved in, even as a retiree.

This was really my reason for looking to get back into PPX8. While I'm a minimalist, forms have always given me structure and a ready place to put information. I wanted to avoid any kind of repetitive drawing of forms at the beginning or weeks, months, or years. Bullet Journaling is largely analog, and there's  a certain peace in that. I needed forms for my "hybrid" version, but I'm sold on the process, structure, and simplicity that Bullet Journaling offers. Sure wish I would have had something like this during my working years.

The upshot of it is that I have found myself far, far more productive and at peace, with only a couple of weeks of exposure to Bullet Journaling. Just wondering if anyone else has run across it, or used it, and how your results have been.
https://i.postimg.cc/YvLmccfv/20240203-171627-resized.jpg

Just a little bit of paradise, in NW Arkansas