1 (edited by Alfred 2024-02-07 19:56:38)

Topic: PagePlus X6 [was PagePlus 6]

I have PagePlus on my old computer and I want to move it to my new computer. I love using it but I have no idea how to move it to my new computer. Any ideas? Thank you.

Re: PagePlus X6 [was PagePlus 6]

Welcome, Bret! Thanks for joining us here.

I’m guessing that you mean PagePlus X6, since PagePlus X6 is already quite old and PagePlus 6 without the X is very much older. Either way, you can’t just move the installed application: you need to reinstall it. Do you have an installation disc or a downloaded installer file, and (assuming that we are indeed talking about X6) do you have a note of the product key?

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

It’s PP X6. All I received before was the downloadable file off the Serif website. I have no disk. The website is no longer there. I don’t know about product code. The email gives me this…. 0AC-1EC14786-0306
Thanks

bretq wrote:

The email gives me this…. 0AC-1EC14786-0306

That’s probably the order number. It certainly isn’t the product key, which consists of 25 alphanumeric characters in five groups of five (beginning with ‘PPX6’, in this case). If the installation on your old computer is registered, you can read the product key from the splash screen that pops up when you choose ‘About PagePlus…’ from the Help menu within the program; if it’s unregistered, go to registration wizard — again via the Help menu — and enter the Universal Registration Key 881887 (and then revisit the splash screen). Please don’t post your product key here!

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Thank you. That did help me find the product key. What do I do with it now?

I’ll need to look into sharing my copy of the installer — unless one of our fellow forum members gets there first!

― Hermann Hesse

Alfred wrote:

I’ll need to look into sharing my copy of the installer — unless one of our fellow forum members gets there first!

My apologies: I’d forgotten that I only have downloadable installer files for X7 and later. I probably still have a PPX6 installation disc somewhere, but I’d need to hunt for it.

― Hermann Hesse

I have a copy of PPx6. Which files need to be shared?

https://i.postimg.cc/7J5kMDc9/ppx6-files.jpg

tomH wrote:

I have a copy of PPx6. Which files need to be shared?

https://i.postimg.cc/7J5kMDc9/ppx6-files.jpg

Unless you have limited ‘bandwidth’ available, the simplest way forward is to compress everything into a single *.zip file and share that. Then all the recipient would need to do is unzip to a new folder on a local hard drive and double-click on the ‘setup.exe’ file within that folder to run the installer.

― Hermann Hesse

bretq: I sent you a PM with a download link to a PagePlusx6 zip file.

Where do I get the zip file? Thank you!

Tom said he sent it to you in a Private Message. Click the "PM" (which should be in Bold type) at the top-right of this page.