Topic: Copying from this forum to paste elsewhere

I find that I cannot copy from this forum to paste elsewhere, for example WordPad.

I just cannot get the text in this forum to become highlighted so that it can be copied.

I can copy from various other forums fine, just not this one.

Can anyone explain why please and maybe find a way for me to do it please?

William

Re: Copying from this forum to paste elsewhere

Didn’t you have the same problem once (or perhaps more than once!) before, William? Closing and reopening your browser may be enough to fix it, but failing that I would try restarting your computer.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

I have never been able to copy text from a post in your forum.

William

William wrote:

I have never been able to copy text from a post in your forum.

William

I have never been unable to copy text from a post here! Are you saying that if you click on the ‘Quote’ link at the bottom of a posted message, you can’t cut or copy the text that appears between BBCode quote tags?

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

I was about to answer Yes but I did the Quote, did a CTRL A and it copied.

I had been trying to select the text by using the click and then highlight with either the pointer or the arrow keys.

Yet I have now copied the description of the coloured pencil drawing from another thread, so that problem now has at least a workaround.

Thank you.

William

William wrote:

I was about to answer Yes but I did the Quote, did a CTRL A and it copied.

I had been trying to select the text by using the click and then highlight with either the pointer or the arrow keys.

Clicking and then dragging to highlight should enable you to copy the selected text. I wonder why it doesn’t.

William wrote:

Yet I have now copied the description of the coloured pencil drawing from another thread, so that problem now has at least a workaround.

Thank you.

William

Success! Thank you for the update.

― Hermann Hesse