Re: Is it worth it to upgrade from PP to Affinity yet?

Morning Alfred,
For 'fried' read 'excited'. PagePlus X4 seemed to have everything I needed for my football work and so stayed with it - what's that - now 15 years or so? I do use X9 by the way for other projects. I also have X5 and X6, as I imagine like most Serif users back in those days we purchased every incarnation as they were issued. I somehow can't see Affinity going that way? Back then we were one big family - which the old forums showed. It wasn't just the 'product', it was the 'users' - the family.

Re: Is it worth it to upgrade from PP to Affinity yet?

Sandy wrote:

Morning Alfred,
For 'fried' read 'excited'.

Thanks, Sandy.

Sandy wrote:

PagePlus X4 seemed to have everything I needed for my football work and so stayed with it - what's that - now 15 years or so?

I just looked it up: 2009, so your 15 years is spot on!

Sandy wrote:

I do use X9 by the way for other projects. I also have X5 and X6, as I imagine like most Serif users back in those days we purchased every incarnation as they were issued. I somehow can't see Affinity going that way?

Ah, the old days of upgrades for £9.99 — plus the dreaded shipping and handling charges! And if you also purchased the Resource CD for an additional £9.99, you got a free copy of the printed User Guide. No, I can’t see Affinity going that way, either, but the launch offer (40% off) for the Universal Licence for the version 2 apps was a pretty good deal.

Sandy wrote:

Back then we were one big family - which the old forums showed. It wasn't just the 'product', it was the 'users' - the family.

Sadly, that all began to crumble away when the old forums were replaced by CommunityPlus, especially so when they decided to remove the navigation bar’s link to the Discussion section.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse