Topic: Unable to install PagePlusX7 on to Win 11

I am unable to install PagePlus X7 on to a new Windows 11. I am using the original disc and correct serial key. The install seems to proceed until the very end, then I get the error message:

Installer Information

An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.MSXML2,publicKeyToken="6bd6b9abf345378f",version="4.20.9818.0",type="win32",processorArchitecture="x86". Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070091.

Would someone be able to offer a solution please? Thanks.

Re: Unable to install PagePlusX7 on to Win 11

It might be best to ask on a Microsoft forum.  PPX7 is 32 bit.  I hope it doesn't mean 32 bit programmes won't run on Win 11!!  I've several 32 bit programmes for which 64 bit versions aren't available e.g Movie Plus.

ericlnz wrote:

It might be best to ask on a Microsoft forum.  PPX7 is 32 bit.

PPX6 is 32-bit only, but a 64-bit engine was added for X7. A search of the Interwebs suggests that the error code 0x80070091 indicates a System Restore error.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

I can understand there being difficulties with getting PagPlus to run on WIN 11. Microsoft are welll known for introducing a new OS with many problems still there. For some years I kept going with Windows 7 until they seemed to have dealt with many initial gremlins in 10.
My best advice is to go back to version 10, download an ISO to a flash drive and install 10 to replace 11 as I did.
John

I am running PagePlus X5 on Win 11.  I got a new computer about a year ago with Win 11 and had to do the install from the old X5 install disk and it's been working well.