Re: Google's Bard is worth a look

Does America have Legal Deposit like we have in the United Kingdom?

If so, and if you so choose, you could publish it as a small Private Press Book and deposit copies as the law requires and it will be conserved by the Legal Deposit library or libraries as long as civilization lasts.

In the United Kingdom the Legal Deposit law also covers electronic publications.

I hope this helps.

William

William wrote:

Does America have Legal Deposit like we have in the United Kingdom?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_dep … ted_States

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

28 (edited by William 2024-02-23 19:50:55)

It would appear that the American system differs from the United Kingdom system in at least,  two ways.

They don't keep everything.

It appears copyright needs to be registered, whereas in the United Kingdom it is free and automatic.

So not as good a suggestion from me as it would be in the United Kingdom.

William

William wrote:

It appears [in the American system] copyright needs to be registered, whereas in the United Kingdom it is free and automatic.

From the Wikipedia article:

In August 2023, the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit ruled that the mandatory deposit requirement is an unconstitutional violation of property rights. The separate deposit requirement to optionally register copyright, however, remains in place.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

30 (edited by William 2024-02-23 21:28:06)

I find it interesting that the United Kingdom law on Legal Deposit seems to me to be written as if publishers will not want to do it.

From my point of view Legal Deposit is a wonderful facility. I send my publications to the British Library and they archive them and conserve them FREE for me.

William