Topic: Artistic Text in circle

I am trying to put different texts into the top arc and bottom arc of a circle. I want this to be read the same way up (UNLIKE a coin for example, where text is read all the way around the circle.)

Using Artistic Text I can put the text in the top arc, but I can’t find a way to enter separate text into the bottom half, so it can be read the same way up. Maybe that’s not possible? I can push the second text along with the space bar, but then it’s upside down

Re: Artistic Text in circle

I create the circle, enter the artistic text, then apply the Path-Top Circle to that text, repeating the process for the bottom text, but selecting Path-Bottom Circle.

https://i.postimg.cc/fSjr1JY0/2xtext.jpg

I’m afraid I don’t have PagePlus in front of me right now, so I can’t show you a screenshot, but what you need is ‘Button Text’. When you choose the Artistic Text Tool you should see several preset text paths on the Context toolbar, one of which allows for three lines of text (an upper semicircle, a lower semicircle, and a straight line across the middle). If you select only two lines of text and then press the relevant toolbar button, you’ll get the two semicircles with the text the right way up in both cases.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Thank you both for your advice. I will get on to that. And thanks tomH for the screenshot, exactly what I want to do.

Tom's method was a two-fold operation and was easy to achieve, but your method Alfred I couldn't fathom - after all these years! I wanted to do the operation in one hit in X4- using Button Text, so I typed in: -
TOP HALF OF CIRCLE and below it: -
BOTTOM HALF OF CIRCLE   then centred both.
I then chose Path - Button, whereupon top text was normal, but bottom text was back to front?
Using Reverse Curves - changed both: top back to front and bottom ok
In X9 there is Path - Badge which works ok - perhaps in can't be done in X4 and need the two circle operation that Tom suggested?

Sandy wrote:

Tom's method was a two-fold operation and was easy to achieve, but your method Alfred I couldn't fathom - after all these years! I wanted to do the operation in one hit in X4- using Button Text, so I typed in: -
TOP HALF OF CIRCLE and below it: -
BOTTOM HALF OF CIRCLE   then centred both.
I then chose Path - Button, whereupon top text was normal, but bottom text was back to front?
Using Reverse Curves - changed both: top back to front and bottom ok
In X9 there is Path - Badge which works ok - perhaps in can't be done in X4 and need the two circle operation that Tom suggested?

If you type the text for the top half on the first line and the text for the bottom half on the second line, the ‘Reverse Curve’ button flips the top text but leaves the bottom text unchanged. This provides a clue to the solution, which is that you need to start with the text the other way around. Type

bottom text on first line
top text on second line

both as centre-aligned Artistic Text, and then choose ’Path - Button’ from the flyout at the end of the Context toolbar. Click on one of the three nodes (the black one at the top or either of the red ones) to populate the Context toolbar with node-editing buttons, and then click on ‘Reverse Curves’ (the last button on the toolbar); this will flip the first line of text, so everything will be upside down at this point. Rotate the object through 180° to put it the right way up with the ‘second line’ text at the top and the ‘first line’ text at the bottom.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Thanks Alfred,
Success - done!

Good to hear, Sandy. And, you’re welcome!

― Hermann Hesse

Completed my text on a path with Quick Donut Quick Shape. I usually do badges in DrawPlus, and never thought of doing them in PagePlus before - so, thanks for the tip Alfred as I can utilise my PPX4 for this also, AND still learning in PPX4 after 15 years!
https://i.postimg.cc/9wTLmxst/Circle-Text-with-Path-Button-in-PPX4.jpg

Sandy wrote:

Completed my text on a path with Quick Donut Quick Shape. I usually do badges in DrawPlus, and never thought of doing them in PagePlus before - so, thanks for the tip Alfred as I can utilise my PPX4 for this also, AND still learning in PPX4 after 15 years!
https://i.postimg.cc/9wTLmxst/Circle-Text-with-Path-Button-in-PPX4.jpg

https://punster.me/images/thumbup1.gif

― Hermann Hesse