Topic: Duolingo

Karen mentioned Duolingo in another thread.

I am on a 180 day streak of learning Welsh.

I have gained every monthly badge since September 2023.

A strange thing happened yesterday.

I had already got 2 of the 3 possible daily quests earlier in the day, to make a running total of 5 out of 50 for the March 2024 badge.

But when I went back to try for the third daily quest the daily quests had changed and I was shown as having obtained all three, but I was not credited with the third quest, which was fair as such because I had not completed the third of the original daily quests, but unfair as I got no chance to complete the third quest.

Today, I have thus far got the streak, but not yet completed any of the daily quests.

So, I am wondering if anyone else had their daily quests changed during the day.

An interesting thing, do others using Duolingo bother about the streak, the daily quests and the badges?

I find that they help me a lot, as I have managed to do at least one lesson each day for 180 days and trying to get the daily quests to get the badges encourages me to spend more time learning.

The Welsh course is, apparently, structured differently from many (most? all other?) Duolingo courses as it was put together by teachers of Welsh and they deliberately made it the same as the curriculum as if one went to a class in a classroom.

I like to think that I have learned quite a lot of Welsh, yet I am probably only about a sixth of the way through the course.

William

Re: Duolingo

It has done it again.

It changed one of the daily quests to Spend 10 minutes learning and put that as acquired, but it did not count it in the cumulative total. So I only got two quests credited today.

So 7 of the 50 needed for the badge after 3 days.

Perhaps the problem is that I have done some Duolingo in the morning and then done some more later.

William

Re: Duolingo

Ah!

https://www.reddit.com/r/duolingo/comme … ?rdt=52230

William