Topic: The wonderful ImpactPlus

ImpactPlus is a wonderful program.

It is from nearly twenty years ago yet it still works well.

I had great problems trying to use it at first until I found that I could use it by putting numbers in the status panel and thus not needing to drag anything with a mouse pointer, after which I found that I could get it to work magnificently.

One works in a three-dimensional space to produce a scene, then one can rotate so as to display a view from a chosen viewpoint and then export a two-dimensional image as viewed from that viewpoint.

William

Re: The wonderful ImpactPlus

It’s worth noting that in order to run ImpactPlus on recent versions of Windows you will need to follow this advice posted to the CommunityPlus Forum by Patrick Connor:

If you rename or delete this file (and ONLY this file) ImpactPlus 5 should run on Windows 8.1

• "C:\Program Files (x86)\Serif\ImpactPlus\5.0\WININET.DLL"

Thanks Ali/William for the nudge (and thanks to Jon P for the solution)

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Yes, that was good advice and got it going on Windows 8.1

However, if I remember correctly, when I installed it on my old computer, which ran on Windows 10, I think that it worked straightaway without any need to do that process.

It is not installed on this machine.

William

William wrote:

Yes, that was good advice and got it going on Windows 8.1

However, if I remember correctly, when I installed it on my old computer, which ran on Windows 10, I think that it worked straightaway without any need to do that process.

It is not installed on this machine.

William

I've just installed ImpactPlus 5.1 on a Windows 10* laptop. When I first attempted to run it, nothing happened: no error message, it simply didn't run. Renaming WININET.DLL enabled it to launch correctly.

________
*Windows 10 Pro, Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.4046)

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse