Topic: Safe Contact Form, file upload to site and forum for WebPlus X8

Building my new web site on Serif WebPlus X8 but can't use the Secure contact form on there because Web Resources no longer available. Any suggestions but it needs to be secure to stop spammers etc. It's not an e commerce site but will have users articles on there, hopefully. Possibly an file upload thingy such as on here and considering a forum. On a shoestring budget unfortunately. Thankyou Dennis

Re: Safe Contact Form, file upload to site and forum for WebPlus X8

Tectite FormMail is a free contact form processing script with good security features. It takes a while to get to grips with all the steps required to set everything up correctly, but it works very well.

There’s a handy configuration guide that was kindly provided as a PDF file by Frank B, a regular contributor to the CommunityPlus Forum, a few years ago. You can download it from here.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Re: Safe Contact Form, file upload to site and forum for WebPlus X8

denlevy wrote:

Possibly a file upload thingy such as on here and considering a forum.

I have a simple file upload script that I can dig out for you. Like Tectite FormMail, it uses PHP, so your hosting server would need to support that (but most of them do).

Check your hosting package for an apps installer such as Softaculous or Fantastico. If such a facility is available to you, you can install a forum in not much more than a few clicks.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse