Topic: Downloadable serif programs.

Good morning to all. On Sunday I managed to fire up my old XP desktop in several years. It is with the hope I can extract the codecs for MoviePlus X6 and activate them after installing on a win11 Desktop with no CD/DVD drive.

I downloaded from a Serif site my original PagePlus and Drawpus files as ESK***** files along with the install codes.

Is this site still operative please so that I can download the MoviePlusX6 ESK****** file

I have a copy of all my Serif installation codes
Any help with this would be much appreciated.
Thank You
Vicki/John

Always searching for the keys of knowledge

Re: Downloadable serif programs.

ESD (Electronic Software Download) files for MoviePlus weren’t ever made publicly available alongside the others. As far as I’m aware, this is because of the complex licensing agreements involved. Anyway, ericlnz shared a zip archive of the contents of the MvPX6 installation disc some time ago, and I have a copy of that file. I’ll send you a link via PM shortly: please look out for the PM link (near the top right-hand corner of any forum page) becoming bold.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

3 (edited by Pioneer 2024-03-18 14:05:50)

Ok that's great of you Alfred.  Now downloaded.
A couple of further questions on this if we may.
I know you need a program to extract to codecs from our existing XP installation.  Where do we get the program and how does one use it please? Or am I still able to do this through the existing application as described by Serif.
Once extracted how does one go about getting the MoviePlus X6 program to find it and install it?
As regards the download you supplied is the patch an update to the main program and should we just run the patch after we have installed MoviePlus X6
Sorry for all the questions.
Cheers
Vicki/John

Always searching for the keys of knowledge

Hi Vicki, Alfred,

I recall exchanging posts with you recently Alfred about MoviePlus X6 and the missing codecs.
In any event, I use to use MPX6 to convert formats, but obviously can't now.
A week or so back I mentioned that I could use AVI files to embed such in PPX9 for PDF playback, but not some other formats, but was keen anyway to convert some of my old AVI files. Well, I now find that I can use VLC Media Player to easily convert my old AVI files to MP4 format and feel now that I can move on just using VLC for such conversions. So, no need for MPX6 anymore for this process. Am I talking sense, in that VLC can do some things that MPX6 can no longer do?

Sandy

Pioneer wrote:

I know you need a program to extract to codecs from our existing XP installation.  Where do we get the program and how does one use it please? Or am I still able to do this through the existing application as described by Serif.

You do it through the existing application. I’ve never known any other way.

Pioneer wrote:

Once extracted how does one go about getting the MoviePlus X6 program to find it and install it?

Please see this post. (Thanks, Albert!)

Pioneer wrote:

As regards the download you supplied is the patch an update to the main program and should we just run the patch after we have installed MoviePlus X6

Yes and yes (but my recent reinstallation of ImpactPlus 5 resulted in the newly installed program automatically looking for, and finding, an update patch on Serif’s servers).

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Sandy - MVPX6 only does 25 fps MP4 files so if your source is DV-AVI 50i (25 fps interlaced) you lose one field.  Personally I use Handbrake which is a free download for converting all my 50i files to 50p.  It has several advantages and with my 1080 HD material no noticeable quality loss.