Topic: how to recolour box edges in calendar

I have been using the calendar to record flower names and seedlings in much the same way that can be done in Excel. I colour the outline of all the cells which print out. However if I use cut and paste to move some of the information in a group of cells the lines are cut as well leaving a blank space. In Excel its easy to recolour these back again but I cant see a way to do this in PagePlus. Im wondering if its possible ?

Re: how to recolour box edges in calendar

I can’t reproduce that problem here, but if you do need to recolour the cell borders you should be able to do it via the same method as you used originally. Did you go down the ‘Table > Cell Properties… > Border’ route, or did you do it a different way?

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Hi Alfred sorry for the delay in replying. I thought the problem was gone as I have been able to cut and repaste a few lines of text with out removing the colour from the original cell borders on a few documents. However the issue is still there on some cells. what i have tried is to hight light all the cells and go to the swatches tab , click on outline and choose the colour but nothing works. Can you think of another way. my only other option is the delete the text in each individual cell and start all over and its a pain as I frequently need to rejig the alphabet order.

I think we need more precise detail about your procedure. If you could provide a ‘recipe’ for others to reproduce what you’re seeing, it should be possible for someone to pinpoint why it has (sometimes!) been going wrong for you. Please set out your recipe as a sequence of numbered steps, followed by a brief description of (a) what you expected to happen and (b) what actually happened.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Agreed. I'm not sure what Bookworm is trying to do. Why a Calendar instead of a basic Table? Do you mean Cell rather than Box?

If it works in Excel, why not work in that and transfer the resulting Calendar/Table into PagePlus with Copy/Paste?

6 (edited by Bookworm 2024-04-02 20:25:53)

Sorry it wasn't a calendar I was using it was a table with cells. I wasn't able to correct that particular table but in subsequent new tables I was able to recolour the cell edges as Alfred suggested table, cell properties border. Thanks also for the idea of cutting and pasting a table from Excel to PagePlus GB it also works well.