Topic: Print margins

I find I need to get pretty close to the edge of the paper with printing. How do I make sure that I don't get any graphics cut off?

Re: Print margins

If you’re doing your own printing and the sheet size is at least as big as the page size, there will only be a risk of graphics getting cut off if you’re printing borderless (where the entire page image is slightly stretched to ensure that there are no white edges).

For commercial printing, you would normally publish as PDF and the resultant file would be printed on a larger sheet for subsequent trimming. In this scenario, the ‘TrimBox’ size would be the same as the page size (e.g. 210 mm by 297 mm for an A4 page) and the ‘BleedBox’ size would be slightly bigger than that (e.g. 216 mm by 303 mm for a 3 mm bleed all around an A4 page). It follows that any elements which are close to the TrimBox edges are at risk of being trimmed off.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

3 (edited by GB 2024-04-15 22:31:10)

Select Margins/From Printer on the Publication Setup dialogue.

Print Preview will display exactly what will print.

I don't seem to be able to access the community any more. Can you help?

Which community? The Serif Community is no more. Some of us have moved here.

Cryptogram wrote:

I don't seem to be able to access the community any more. Can you help?

GB wrote:

Which community? The Serif Community is no more. Some of us have moved here.

My setting up of these forums was a direct consequence of Serif’s announcement that CommunityPlus was going to be closed.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse