Topic: Page/File name

When I create a new publication, the page is identified in the top line (or in a tab) as "Publication1".  If I export the page as a pdf the default filename is "Publication 1". I can change the filename to something else eg "Junk".  The saved file will be Junk.pdf.  If I open the file with a web browser, the tab at the top of the browser has the name "Publication1 - Junk.pdf".

How do I change the default name ("Publication1") in Pageplus to something else?.  I have tried properties but this not not seem to work.

Re: Page/File name

Which browser & which version of PagePlus are you using? I changed the filename of the pdf file exported from PPX9, and opened it in Google Chrome, and all I see is the new filename.

Jordanz, thank you for your response.

I am using PPX9.  I have attached a file containing the pdf displayed in Chrome foillowed by Firefox. You can see the original Pageplus name in the tabs, but the file is called "Junk.pdf".

Sorry, it lost the attchment. I'll try the image option:

https://i.postimg.cc/XX32vSBY/Image1.jpg

5 (edited by GB 2024-04-25 18:48:05)

You can change file names in File Explorer. But why don't you give it the name you want when you first save it? When you click Save on a new document you get a dialogue box that allows to name the file.

If you only save it as a PDF, future editing will be more difficult. It is better to keep a .ppp version.

GB, Thank you for your comments.
It's not the file name that is the problem.  When a new document is created, PagePlus appears to assign it an internal name "Publication1".  I can save it to a file with any name but the internal name stays the same. I want to know how to change the internal name.
I am saving it as a PDF because I want other people to be able to view it.