Topic: Replacing WebPlus?

I've used Webplus X8 for years and it seems to be reaching the end of its life. The critical thing for me is the inability to use the YouTube widget without amending the code each time, although the solutions given below have solved the immediate problem, but it makes it all a bit clunky.
So, has anyone found a programme that is as easy to use and works as well?  This is probably the wrong place to ask aas we're all still using WebPlus...

Re: Replacing WebPlus?

I use WYSIWYG Web Builder https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/ It's another learning curve but In my view it's a good alternative with a mountain of standard features and lots of available addons.

Joe

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure.

Try WYSIWYG Webbuilder. It's responsive, will play video, and comes with a 30-day free trial.  There is a very lively user forum and many Youtube videos about using the software. Costs $60 U.S. - not a subscription.

Joe wrote:

I use WYSIWYG Web Builder https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/ It's another learning curve but In my view it's a good alternative with a mountain of standard features and lots of available addons.

Joe

Will WYSIWYG Web Builder import WebPlus files?

APoster wrote:

Will WYSIWYG Web Builder import WebPlus files?

No. WebPlus uses a proprietary format which only that program can understand (and the same is undoubtedly true of WYSIWYG Web Builder). However, it does have an Import HTML Page feature.

HTML import is basically the reverse of publish. The software takes a 'snapshot' of the layout (images and text) and tries to convert this to a (fixed/absolute) visual layout.

The main purpose of this tool is to import text and images. It was not designed to import complete layouts, because there is no way to convert HTML and scripts back to 'design elements.'

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse