Topic: Guide lines have disappeared

I've been using PP since its inception in 1991, upgrading over the years. My problem with PP X9 which has been working perfectly up to a month or two ago is with guide lines.
For whatever reason, they have disappeared. Under 'View', 'Grids & Guides', 'Guide Lines' is greyed out.
A new page is completely blank - not even a border.
Under 'File', 'Publication Set-up', 'Margins', no guide lines appear, although if you hover the mouse over the page and left click, they do appear. So they are there, just not visible. How do I make them visible again please?

Re: Guide lines have disappeared

Sounds like you have Clean Design toggled on. View>Clean Design and click it or select it from the toolbar and the guidelines should appear.

Hello,
I'm having this problem as well, but I can't select "Clean Design" to switch it on or off. The box is grayed out on my screen.
I'd really like to find a solution that doesn't entail reinstalling the software (as I don't know where I've put the activation codes).
Besides, someone said that reinstalling didn't help at all.
Carrie-Sue

I can't select "Clean Design" to switch it on or off. The box is grayed out

Hi Carrie-Sue. Welcome to the Forum.

Maybe you have Trimmed Mode selected. That is also on the View menu.

Carrie-Sue54 wrote:

Hello,
I'm having this problem as well, but I can't select "Clean Design" to switch it on or off. The box is grayed out on my screen.

I’m pretty sure that Geoff has correctly identified the cause of your problem:

GB wrote:

Maybe you have Trimmed Mode selected.

With regard to your follow-up remark:

Carrie-Sue54 wrote:

I'd really like to find a solution that doesn't entail reinstalling the software (as I don't know where I've put the activation codes).

The product key should be available via the ‘About PagePlus…’ splash screen in a working copy of the program:

https://punster.me/serif/viewtopic.php?pid=3446#p3446

If it isn’t displayed there, you can extract it from the Windows registry:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index. … ent-935734

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Dear Alfred,

That was it! I knew it had to be something simple!

Thank you 50 times!

Carrie

Carrie-Sue54 wrote:

Dear Alfred,

That was it! I knew it had to be something simple!

Thank you 50 times!

Carrie

Geoff (‘GB’) is the one who pointed you in the direction of Trimmed Mode, so he’s the one who deserves the thanks! That aside, I’m glad you got the answer you needed.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse