Topic: MoviePlus X6

Ok so the answer to this is probably a no no.  I would like to reinstall the software on my new PC but sadly I understand the codecs needed are not now available.  Is there any way I could unlock the codecs and use the program.  Cheers Vicki

Always searching for the keys of knowledge

Re: MoviePlus X6

Pioneer wrote:

Ok so the answer to this is probably a no no.  I would like to reinstall the software on my new PC but sadly I understand the codecs needed are not now available.  Is there any way I could unlock the codecs and use the program.  Cheers Vicki

Actually Vicki the answer is a yes yes!!

Assuming that you still have a working copy of X6 on your old computer, all you need to do is to export the codes onto a USB stic and import them onto your new computer.

How to export your codecs from a working copy of MVPX6 and import them into your new computer:-

Run MVPX6 and click on "Tools" and then select "Options"
    From the left hand pane select "Advanced", then click on "Manage Unlock Codes"
    From the bottom left of the next window click on "Export", choose a destination for your codes and give them a file name.
    You will then get a window with the message "Unlock codes exported", click OK. Copy/paste to a USB stick. Put the USB stick into your new computer.
    Run MVPX6 on your new computer and repeat step 2.
    This time click on "Import" and navigate to your exported unlock codes on your USB stick.

Job done!!

Taken from this thread https://community.serif.com/forum/movie … r-register

Good morning Albert sadly the laptop the program was on has had the HDD reformatted so it was ready for sale.  So it looks as if its going to be a no no then.  Thanks for trying to help. Vicki

4 (edited by Pioneer 2022-04-22 23:51:18)

Just as a thought has anybody got these codecs and would they work in my program if somebody could email them to me?  Cheers Vicki

Vicki, Unfortunately they are tied to your unique Product Key so other persons unlock codes won't work with your Product Key.

Looks like I am going to have to abandon MoviePlus sadly.  Thanks Eric

I've come back to MoviePlus X6 after some while away (Not doing any video work).

I am aware of the messages on the old Serif Forums...
I encountered a little difficulty when I needed to Save a vid out as .AVI.
I was presented with the message, below grabbed. (The intended recipient requested .AVI)

With the app now in "The twilight zone" is there any easy way to get around this problem?

Thanks
Arturox

https://i.postimg.cc/JtDcqg87/Unlock01.png

Worth noting, thereafter I did Save it out as an MP4 which worked okay, so had I not been asked for an .AVI,  I would have been non-the-wiser.  :-)

Ax

arturox wrote:

I've come back to MoviePlus X6 after some while away (Not doing any video work).

I am aware of the messages on the old Serif Forums...
I encountered a little difficulty when I needed to Save a vid out as .AVI.
I was presented with the message, below grabbed. (The intended recipient requested .AVI)

With the app now in "The twilight zone" is there any easy way to get around this problem?

Thanks
Arturox

https://i.postimg.cc/JtDcqg87/Unlock01.png

Presumably you wanted DV-AVI export and DV Encoding requires a codec to be unlocked.  Obviously yours isn't and you cannot get it unlocked now.  Possibly you may find a third party codec on the net which MVP could use.

Just a thought, as you can put MoviePlus X6 on another computer from the original supplied disk and install the unlock codes, it must be possible to pass it on to others?  Obviously, I like others have done it when changing computers over time and I would think that it must be possible? especially for computer geeks!!

GStree wrote:

Just a thought, as you can put MoviePlus X6 on another computer from the original supplied disk and install the unlock codes, it must be possible to pass it on to others?  Obviously, I like others have done it when changing computers over time and I would think that it must be possible? especially for computer geeks!!

The unlock codes are tied to your product key, and you can’t pass on a product key to anyone else if you’re continuing to use it yourself.

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse

Alfred wrote:

The unlock codes are tied to your product key, and you can’t pass on a product key to anyone else if you’re continuing to use it yourself.

Given that Serif has long abandoned the 'old' products and provides a universal registration key, I don't see that passing on a product key from a purchased product would be a problem.

I had to reinstall MPX6 some time ago and for some reason (I can't remember details) several of the codecs were locked. My brother extracted these from his installation and I used the file to update the registry on my machine. I also used his product key. Both were original purchases from Serif so were quite legit.

13 (edited by ericlnz 2022-10-19 23:06:42)

The registration key and product key served different purposes.  There are legal issues involved with passing on a product key, one of which is the payment of licensing fees for codecs being unlocked.

To my knowledge the only time passing on a key is legit is when the original installation is no longer used and removed from a pc.  As Alfred said "The unlock codes are tied to your product key, and you can’t pass on a product key to anyone else if you’re continuing to use it yourself."

Albert Ross
Assuming that you still have a working copy of X6 on your old computer, all you need to do is to export the codes onto a USB stick and import them onto your new computer.
How to export your codecs from a working copy of MVPX6 and import them into your new computer:-
    Run MVPX6 and click on "Tools" and then select "Options"
    From the left hand pane select "Advanced", then click on "Manage Unlock Codes"
    From the bottom left of the next window click on "Export", choose a destination for your codes and give them a file name.
    You will then get a window with the message "Unlock codes exported", click OK. Copy/paste to a USB stick. Put the USB stick into your new computer.
    Run MVPX6 on your new computer and repeat step 2.
    This time click on "Import" and navigate to your exported unlock codes on your USB stick.
Job done!!

Aha!
Interestingly Jan 11th 2023, the old computer with MoviePlusX6 installed on it has started to throw a few wobblies recently, so I've installed MPX6 on a newer computer.

Did the above noted processes, and Robert is my father's brother... (Bob's yer' uncle, means it works a treat).

So thanks for that tip.

Arturox

arturox wrote:

Robert is my father's brother... (Bob's yer' uncle, means it works a treat)

I used to work for someone who was rather fond of saying “Robert’s your avuncular relative!”

“Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
― Hermann Hesse